Postdoc position: Thin films group
Job offer from October 22, 2018
The Department of Solid State Chemistry headed by Dr. Prof. Claudia Felser, seeks regularly to appoint highly motivated young scientist to carry out research into atomically engineered materials, in the research area of topological materials, such as topological insulators, Weyl semimetals and magnetic skyrmions.
This projects aims to produce high quality topological materials in (epitaxial) thin film form, which allows the fabrication of devices and combine them with skyrmionic media. Magnetron sputtering will be involved for the growth of the thin films. X-ray scattering methods will be use to study the structure and the epitaxy of the films or multilayers. In addition, characterization will include transport and magnetization measurements. The successful candidate will make full use of the institutes infrastructure, comprising the thin films laboratory and the chemical labs.
Candidates should have
- completed their PhD degree in physics, materials science or related fields within the last three years
- a strong research and journal publication record as well as an excellent academic record
- excellent English language skills
- Profound research experience in thin film growth, magnetic and transport characterization
- a strong drive to excel in an interdisciplinary and international environment
- highly creative and innovative competencies and must be outstanding team players who can work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment
Terms of employment
- Positions are available immediately
- The salary will be according to the conditions of the German federal labor agreement.
- The MPI-CPFS is an equal opportunity employer and encourages diversity
- Should include a complete CV, certificates and transcripts, a statement of past research accomplishments (PhD thesis, research projects) and the contact details of two academic referees
can be sent to email@example.com