PhD Position Solid State Chemistry
Job offer from October 21, 2018
The Department of Solid State Chemistry headed by Dr. Prof. Claudia Felser, seeks regularly to appoint highly motivated young scientists to carry out PhD projects on atomically engineered materials, in the research areas of spintronics and skyrmionics systems.
Projects comprise thin film deposition, using magnetron sputtering; structural, magnetic, transport and optical characterization of tetragonal Heusler compounds hosting skyrmions.
The young scientists will have the opportunity to earn a doctorate under excellent research conditions in the International Max Planck Research School for Chemistry and Physics of Quantum Materials (IMPRS-CPQM). Supervising tutors at both Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids (MPI CPFS) and Technical University of Dresden (TUD) look after the students and instruct them.
Requirements for PhD students
- we are looking for enthusiastic and talented students with a Master’s degree in physics, materials science, chemistry, or related fields
- candidates should have a strong drive to excel in an interdisciplinary and international environment
- candidates are expected to be highly creative and innovative and must be outstanding team players who can work in a fast-paced and highly dynamic environment
- English is working language at the Institute
Terms of employment
- positions are on fixed-term contract for three years
- positions are available immediately
- we welcome applications from disabled persons with equal qualifications
- furthermore, the Max Planck Society aims to employ more women in this area and therefore particularly encourages applications from women
- should include a complete CV, certificates and transcripts, a statement of past research accomplishments (MSc thesis, research projects) and the contact details of two academic referees
- can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org