- correlated electron physics
- strain tuning
- B.Sc. in Physics, California Institute of Technology, U.S.A., 2000
- PhD, Stanford University, U.S.A., 2009
- Post-doctoral Research Associate, University of St Andrews, U.K., 2009-2013
- Post-doctoral Research Scientist, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids, Dresden, 2013-14
- Group Leader, Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids, Dresden, 2014-
International Union of Pure and Applied Physics Young Scientist Prize in Low Temperature Physics, 2017.