Preparing for travel
There are many things to take care of if you intend to leave your home country to work abroad.
Please prepare the following items to bring with you when entering Germany (note also the requirements for family members, if applicable):
- valid passport
- if applicable, visa (no tourist visa)
- invitation and visa support letters (including names of accompanying family members)
- certified copies of diploma, PhD-certificates, birth and marriage certificates (including certified translation) etc.
- proof of a health insurance valid in Germany from the very moment of your arrival at the first German airport or railway station you reach. See details at Insurances
- international driving license (if needed)
- sufficient cash in Euro to get you through the first days in Dresden