Bank account

You need to open a current account with a bank as soon as possible to have your salary/scholarship payment transferred and to carry out regular payments, such as rent, electricity, health insurance premium etc.
When you open a current account, you have to produce your passport or identification card as well as your registration with the residence registration office (Anmeldung Einwohnermeldeamt). Details and conditions of several banks are available at the Visitors’ Program.

Go to Editor View