52nd Journées des Actinides (JdA) and 14th School on the Physics and Chemistry of the Actinides (SPCA)
April 17-21, 2023
The Max Planck Institute for Chemical Physics of Solids is pleased to host the 14th School on the Physics and Chemistry of the Actinides (SPCA, 17 – 19 April 2023) and the 52nd Journées des Actinides international conference (JdA, 19 – 21 April 2023).
This event series provides an informal and interdisciplinary forum for the discussion of current advances on the physical and chemical properties of lanthanide- and actinide-based alloys and compounds. The conference has a broad scope, spanning topics from fundamental to applied research:
- strongly correlated systems, superconductivity, quantum criticality
- inorganic and organometallic chemistry
- materials and nanomaterials
- theory and band structure
- actinide production and handling
- safety of the nuclear fuel cycle
- nuclear safeguards and security
- radiation protection
- environment contamination, remediation, and decommissioning
List of lecturers for the 14th School on the Physics and Chemistry of the Actinides
- Gertrud Zwicknagl (TU Braunschweig, Germany)
- James Tobin (University of Winsconsin-Oshkosh, USA)
- Krzystof Gofryk (Idaho National Laboratory, USA)
- Yuri Grin (MPI CPfS, Germany)
- Ladislav Havela (Charles University, Czech Republic)
- Itzhak Halevy (NRCN, Be’er Sheva, Israel)
- Lucia Amidani (ESRF and HZDR, France and Germany)
- Mauro Giovannini (University of Genoa, Italy)
- Mathieu Pasturel (University of Rennes, France)
- Antonio Pereira Gonçalves (University of Lisbon, Portugal)
- Andrea Severing (University of Cologne, Germany)
- Dominik Legut (TU Ostrava, Czech Republic)
- Gerry Lander (Grenoble, France)
- Roberto Caciuffo (INFN, Italy)
- Eric Colineau (JRC-Karlsruhe, Germany)
Registration, Deadline and Hotels
The registration fee is 350 euro and it should be transferred via bank transfer. Details of the bank transfer information will be provided in the confirmation email.
The fee for participants who only wish to attend either the school or the workshop is 175 euro. The fee for accompanying persons is 175 euro.
We have reserved blocks of rooms at two hotels for SPCA and JdA participants at discounted rates. Booking is on a first come first served basis
- The IBIS Dresden Zentrum Hotel (close to the main railway station) has single rooms at 79 EUR and double rooms at 99 EUR per night, available until 17 March 2023. Please use this form when booking.
- The Holiday Inn Dresden City South, close to the institute, has rooms available until 27 March 2023. Please quote JdA when booking.